There are a variety of pet stores in the UK but Pets at Home is my favourite, as every time I purchase something, I know I am also helping animals in need.
This is possible thanks to the free VIP Club membership that is offered to you when making a purchase at any Pets at Home store.
What Can I Do to Help Animals in Need?
When a VIP member shops at a Pets at Home store, or visits Companion Care, Vets4Pets or the Groom Room, they earn Lifelines.
Lifelines are converted into donations for an animal or re-homing centre, chosen by Pets at Home members or by the vet at Companion Care and Vets4Pets.
Charities can use these donations in store to purchase pets food, bedding, toys or any other product, as well as using the vet service at the member’s practice.
How Do I Join?
The VIP Club can be joined in store or online.
If you choose to do it in store, a staff member will simply hand you over a form to fill in and they will also give you a temporary card, so that you can start collecting points straight away.
A permanent card will then be sent to you via post, however if you happen to forget your card at home when going into a store, they can still retrieve your information by entering your mobile number in their system. This way you can have extra peace of mind, knowing that you will never lose points, even if you are a forgetful person like me 😉
To join online, you need to head to the Pets at Home VIP site where you will be presented with the following page:
You will have to scroll down and fill in some information. The process is really quick and once you have submitted the form, you will receive a confirmation email.
A starter pack will then be sent to your home address and will include your VIP card.
Will I Be Able to Use the VIP Card Both Online and In Store?
Yes, the card can be used both online at Pets at Home and in any of the stores, where you can take your pooch for a nice treat 😉
It can also be used with any of the following Pets at Home services:
- The Groom Room – There are over 290 groom stores, with grooming options such as microchipping, nail clipping and bathing. Salons are open seven days a week!
- Companion Care Vets – These practices offer dental care, neutering, nail clipping and advice on a range of topics. Many practices also offer pet workshops on various pet care subjects.
- Vets4Pets – They care for all kinds of animals including dogs, cats, reptiles and small furries, from general animal health treatments to emergency medical procedures.
Are There any Benefits for Me and My Pooch?
Clicking here will allow you to know more about the benefits provided.
- A 10% discount sent to your email address when joining online, followed by a 10% in-store discount voucher which will come with your welcome pack, within 28 days of your first shop online or in store.
- The handy “Happy Days” app, which allows you to store your vouchers and VIP card on your phone.
- Another useful app called “Find my VIP“, which allows you to send a “lost alert” to all VIP club members, should your pet go missing. You can read more about this here.
- A VIP Birthday Bonus when it’s your fluffy baby’s birthday 🙂
- VIP Exclusive Offers on things that your pet loves most
- Just for Puppy – friendly expertise and advice throughout puppyhood for your VIP
- The Groom Room – VIPs get upgrades, rewards and lifelines with every visit
- A £10 heath check at either Companion Care or Vets4Pets
- A quarterly VIP magazine with tips and advice, available to pick up in-store
- Handy Hints and Top Tips relevant to your pet
- Take your dog on holiday for free, by booking a cottage on this website. You will be able to find a vast selection of pet friendly holidays. If you book in advance, you will also get a special pet parcel!
- Raise Lifelines for an animal charity of your choice
What Can I Do to Spread Awareness on this Fantastic Initiative?
You can simply share this article on your social media profile and show your friends the video below, which explains Lifelines in a nut shell:
In the meantime, if you have more questions about the VIP Club membership, you can contact Pets at Home’s customer care.
Feel free to also leave comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and I shall try to help as much as I can 🙂
PS: Have you read this article yet? –> Adopt a Pet- Why rehoming is better than buying