Pet monitors have evolved in the past few years. It is no longer just the case of being able to watch your pet while you are away from home.
Technology constantly improves and even pet monitors have gotten so sophisticated to the point that it is now possible to play with your pet remotely. How cool is that? 🙂
I wrote this article to give you an understanding of what a pet monitor is, what’s available today and how to know which one is the right one for you.
Using a Pet Monitor
Pet parents can get very worried when having to leave their furry babies all alone at home. I have a dog and 2 cats myself, so I always find it heart-breaking when I have to leave!
Pet monitors can be a great way for you to put your mind at ease, as well as understanding what your pets needs are. For example, it might help you understand if your dog has some major behavioural issues that need to be rectified with some training.
There are many types of monitors out there, so it would be hard to write an article on how to use each one of them. This is why I have picked the ones that are the best in terms of quality, as well as user-friendliness and categorised them according to their purpose.
Which is the Best Company that Sells Pet Monitors?
All the monitors recommended on this site are sold by reputable companies.
I believe that there is not a “best company” nor a “best product” when it comes to pet monitors (as long as they work, of course!) and it all comes down to what you need and what you can afford.
Types of Pet Monitors Available Today
Using my website Bestpetmonitors.com you will be able to click on any of the categories below and view the available monitors within that specific category.
Here are the types of pet monitors available today:
- Barking Alert Camera – These cameras tell you if your dog is barking while you are away. They usually have a two-way audio feature which allows you to talk to your dog.
- Interactive Pet Camera – If you want to play with your pet remotely or talk to them, this will be the best choice for you, especially if you have a pet who gets very sad when you are out or a pet who is in constant need of exercising.
- Food Dispenser Camera – Very useful to have when you are out during your pet’s feeding time. You will be able to dispense food and treats by using the app designed for the specific camera.
- Pet Environment Monitor – These type of pet monitors allow you to check on room temperature, so you can easily make sure that your pet is cozy and comfortable.
- Collar Cameras and GoPro – These are mainly used outdoors. Collar cameras can be very handy if you have outdoor cats who like to explore, while the GoPro cameras allow you to see the world from your dog’s point of view!
Finding the Best Pet Monitor for your Needs
This website has been built in way so that all the best monitors are put into categories depending on their type.
I would advise you to take some time to think about your pet’s personality and what would be the best pet monitor for your situation:
- Do you just need to watch your pet or would you like to talk to them for reassurance?
- Will you be away from home for a few hours and if so, would you like to be able to dispense treats for your furry baby?
- Does your pet get really bored when left alone and if so, would you like to play with them remotely?
Once you are able to understand what your needs are, you can simply go to the relevant categories, see the various pet monitors that are available and choose one depending on their specification, cost, etc.
Pet Monitors – Loving your Pet while Away from Home
I believe pet monitors are something that every pet parent should purchase when the opportunity comes.
As you can see, there is so much choice out there and there is one for every need 🙂
My dog used to bark a lot when left home alone and having a camera helped me understand how much she was barking, how distressed she was and what her general behaviour was.
I was then able to choose the right behavioural training based on what I saw through the camera. I would have never been able to know what she was going through without the aid of a pet monitoring system!
If you want to ensure that your pet is well-loved even while you are away, feel free to browse through the various categories shown on Best Pet Monitors and select the right one for you. Make sure you click on the right country to see only what’s available where you live.
Believe me, interacting with your pets while you are away will also be a fun experience for you 🙂